Welcome to the Tri-Valley Stargazers Astronomy Club's web site. There is a lot
of information here on the many activities of the Tri-Valley Stargazers
(TVS). Learn why you should join the club to get the most out of your
amateur astronomy hobby in the east San Francisco Bay Area.
The Latest News & Upcoming Events
Watch this space for further information on May's speaker.
H2O Open House
Our next open house is scheduled for Saturday, May 20th at the club's dark sky site,
Hidden Hill Observatory
Anyone can come to our open houses, not just club members; but you cannot go
there without an escort. We will meet at the corner of Mines and Tesla Roads
at 6:00 PM, then caravan to the site on a drive that takes about 50 minutes.
The admission is $3/car; please bring the exact amount. There is no gas on
the way, so be sure to gas up before leaving. The site is essentially in the
wilderness, so there is no electricity and water, and there are only a couple
of pit toilets. Cell-phone reception is iffy at best. While there is a
picnic table there, you really should bring your own chair. If you need to
see what you are doing, bring a red LED flashlight, not a white-light
flashlight. And use masking tape over your car door and interior lights, or
pull the fuse. If you don't have a scope, you can always find someone who is
willing to let you look through theirs. And don't forget to bring your
binoculars. Expect to stay until about midnight and get back to Livermore at
around 1:00 AM.
Upcoming star parties
The following star parties hsvr been scheduled:
- Saturday 04/29/17, Club party at Tesla Winery
- Saturday 05/06/17, Outreach party for Girl Scouts, in Tracy
- Saturday 05/20/17, H2O Open House
- Friday 05/26/17, Outreach party at Muslim Community Center in Pleasanton
- Saturday 06/17/17, Club party at Tesla Winery
- Sunday 06/25/17, Outreach party at Camp Go Beyond
- Saturday 07/08/17, Outreach party for Cub Scouts at Rancho Los Mochos
- Saturday 07/15/17, H2O Open House
- Saturday 07/15/17, Outreach party for Cub Scouts at Rancho Los Mochos
- Saturday 07/22/17, Club party at Tesla Winery
- Saturday 08/12/17, Outreach party for Cub Scouts at Rancho Los Mochos
- Friday 08/25/17 thru Sunday 08/27/17, Yosemite/Glacier Point
- Saturday 09/23/17, Club party at Tesla Winery
- Thursday 09/28/17, Outreach party at Livermore Library
- Friday 09/29/17, Outreach party RADD at Pleasanton Senior Center
- Saturday 10/21/17, Club party at Tesla Winery
- Wednesday 11/08/17, Outreach party at Banta Elementary School near Tracy
for further information.
The theme for the next Tesla meeing is Messier objects.
The H2O Open Houses will be open to all club members and
the public. The Tesla Winery club Parties will be open to club
members and their guests. Start and end times for the parties
will be announced later, but we usually plan to arrive at
the observing site about 30 minutes before sunset and wrap
up around midnight. Each Tesla star party will have a theme, including
topics like a tour of the constellations, planets and asteroids, or
TVS Crystal Wine Glasses For Sale
TVS is offering elegant crystal wine glasses for sale to club
members. You don't have to drink wine to enjoy the beautiful
TVS logo-etched stemware. Use them for your favorite beverage,
or they can be used as a beautiful container for small
plants. They are the perfect gifts for loved ones or friends.
Look for them at club meetings, where they will be sold for
$10/each. Don't drink alone, buy two! Support TVS. Thanks to
who got these wonderful glasses.
TVS Logo Wear
You may have seen some TVS members wearing shirts and jackets
embroidered with the TVS logo. If you are interested in obtaining an
embroidered logo item, you can do so by ordering whatever you would like
Land's End's Corporate Sales
section and specifying TVS logo #0118948. You will need to set up an account, which will
ask for the logo number and the TVS customer number (3452021).
TVS has also set up shop at
for members to buy non-embroidered TVS logo wear. You can have the TVS
logo put on t-shirts, mugs, buttons, hats, coasters, etc. You buy
through Cafepress, and Cafepress sends TVS a portion of the proceeds.
Visit the web site to see all the TVS logo possibilities.